Beginner looking for guidance into tube sound.

Hello all, I am looking for some input on the best way to add tubes to my current mess. I currently have what I am sure everyone here would consider barely a step up from my parents zenith HI-FI circa 1977. please keep in mind I am lucky if I can afford to look in the window of an actual audio store. 
I currently have a Peachtree nova 300 and a Marantz CD player and a pair of monitor audio silver 500 speakers. A friend gave me a blue sound node 2i also. I have always wanted a tube powered amp. I see these Chinese amps like the Muzishare X7 and Willsenton R8 that have lots of great reviews. Or maybe a tube DAC. Then I see the Black Ice for ss-x. Each having less tubes respectively. Not sure how much that matters but I would think the more tubes the more tube sound one could expect. I would like to be in the $1000. range but would go to $1500 if I had to. My goal is to find the best most cost effective way to enter the tube world.  
johnfritter
My personal journey into tubes. Started with all ss, class ab amp. Next tube preamp with class ab ss amp. Next, more efficient speakers, tube preamp, with class A ss amp, Next, tube preamp with variety of push pull tube amps.  Next, even more efficient speakers, tube preamp, SET amps.
Having properly efficient speakers is key in tube journey, less efficient speakers will require higher tube power amp which generally will require higher expenditure for amp. Higher efficiency speakers will allow greater choices in more affordable tube amps. I haven't checked efficiency of your Monitor amps, suspect tube preamp may be good starting point for you.
The tube preamp and amp suggestions thus far are good suggestion. Of those suggestions I've owned or own Cary, Joule Electra, Bob Latino DIY kit, Conrad Johnson, Prima Luna, all good choices. I'd suggest EL34 amp, nice flavor in push pull, KT family if you need more power. I also like the suggestion of Decware.
Forgot to mention impedance load of speaker, as important or more important that just efficiency.
I would also like to recommend tubes4hifi, Bob Latino’s amps. I built the St-120 and had a blast doing it. It sounds terrific too! Bob was always quick to answer questions via email. I also learned a lot about tube amps while doing it. It’s been about three years ago and I use it everyday without any problems. It’s also filled with quality American parts. If you do order one be sure to get the Russian capacitor upgrade .
Post removed 
Hi johnfritter 

IF, a big IF you don't need a lot of power and have efficient speakers, a used Music Reference RM-10 MKII is a great, great amp with modern tube sound, easily maintained & repaired with an inexpensive tube complement.  With a subwoofer or two, one can roll off the bass frequencies to a pair of less efficient monitors, allowing 35W per channel to serve say above 80hZ without draining the amp.  It's a truly reliable deep dive into the high end without a lot of cost.  Good luck and More Peace, Pin