BAT VK-200 vs VK-220 amp

I have a BAT VK-200 amp and wanted to know if the VK-220 will be a noticable upgrade and worth the extra money. Thanks for your input.
valhalla

Showing 1 response by ihcho

I posted a similar question a couple of weeks ago, but no response regarding vk-220.
Either vk-220 users are so happy with it and spending most of time on listening to it rather than spending time writing about it, or there is not much to say about it.
Many vk-200 users seem to think its power rating is very conservative. I asked about the power rating and VK responded to me that vk-200 measures about 120 WPC. So, as for the power, there would be hardly any noticeable difference. I have four 100WPC amps/receivers -- vk-200, Linn AV5105, Yamaha HT receiver (RXV-3000) and Sony 2 channel receiver (STR-DE197), in the order of power handling I feel. vk-200 sounds about 20% bigger than Linn. I think Linn's power rating is just about right and Sony and Yamaha receiver sound 20~30% weaker than Linn.

I haven't listened to vk-220, but I guess it is not on the right upgrade path. Maybe vk-250 would be more proper upgrade.