B&W Variable High Pass Alignment Filter Setting.

I have a pair of Matrix 801 Speakers and I recently got a B&W high pass filter. The filter is set to work with 804 but I don't have the user manual. I appreciate if anyone can share that information or show my any pointer. Thanks!
hklai
Mac2c, I dont think the aligmnet filter was made for your 808's as thy were only made for the Matrix 801-805's =(
Mac2c, the alignment filter is definitely not for the 808. The 808 by itself has got a free field response of ± 3 dB 30Hz -20 kHz. You don´t need a filter for these ones. I ma using the filter now on my 800 matrix system but I bi-amplifie so it doesn´t hurt the sound at all. Actually it is a must.

Maarten de Boer The Masters
Thanks guys for your responses. The owners manual for the 808 in the discussion of Environmental Controls says, in part, the following:" However, some attenuation of the bass extension may be desirable, and an electronic bass control unit is in the process of development." To what does that refer?
Older thread but I just picked up a filter for my 801 matrix S3 - it improved things substantially. I did not use the preamp tape loop for connection but put in between the amp and preamp.

Greater solidity, more definition in the lows. Much nore enjoyable. The part I really cant get over though is that any woofer movement on LPS has now almost diasappeared to the point I don't need to use the preamp filter setting.

I am sure there are many enjoying this high pass bass filter and we usually only hear more about bad experiences "like everything else" - this kept me also from trying it out. If you have any matrix 800 series speakers recommend giving it a try hooked up between amp and preamp. They do come up on ebay.
Thanks Ct0517, very interesting. I have a pair of 801 Matrix S3 speakers. I have had them for 5 or 6 years, but only just heard amount the filter. The doc I read said it was for all Matrix 800 type speakers but went on to say it benefited the series 1 and 2, but did not mention the series 3 at all. However it did say that later 800 series speakers were designed not to use the filter as it was ahead of its time and confused listeners.

I'm glad you had a positive experience with my series of speaker. This has made me decide to try and get one, or make one. It is only a butterworth filter, with a tuned rolloff for the 801.

The doc I red is below:
http://kenrockwell.com/audio/b-w/800-series-bass-alignment-filter.htm

Thanks again.