B & W speaker upgrade suggestions

I am currently using B&W CM4 speakers for my front speakers, and a B&W CMC center speaker. I use them bi-wired with a Rotel 1055 receiver, Rotel RMB 1075 power amp, a Rotel 1072 CD-player and my beloved Teres 160 turntable. My rear speakers are Infinity Alpha 20s. My sub-woofer is an Onix Rocket. My system, due to space constraints is used for pseudo home theatre (I don't have a dedicated room) and music, with the emphasis on musicality.

My musical preferences are somewhat varied, but tend to be mostly in the jazz, classical, classic rock, world music, and blues genres.

At some point in the future (probably far future!) I would like to upgrade my main speakers. My fantasy budget is $5000. I know this amount is somewhat limiting, but I doubt that I will be able to afford more. Besides which, my sources (other than the Teres turntable, IMO) are no doubt considered mid-fi here on Audiogon, so stellar speakers would just point out their short comings. I also have a preference for maple/birds-eye maple finishes, just because I like the look of the wood, but finish is secondary to sound.

Anyway, any suggestions as to what speakers I should consider?

Holly
oakiris
If by main, you mean your front left and right speakers, try out the B&W 703s.

If you mean all of them you could always go for B&W 7 series setup w/out a sub and save up for a new sub later.

2 * 703 = 3000 (fronts)
2 * 705 = 1500 (backs)
1 * HTM7 = 750 (center)

Which would be $5250, and if you know how to deal with a dealer you could get a 12% discount and get it down to $4620, which would leave you 380 to save up towards a ASW 650 ($700), or ASW 600 ($500), or better yet an ASW 700 or 750 ($1300 or $1600). (prices as per MSRP on B&W website)

I have the setup above with a ASW 750 and I absolutely love it... I plan on upgrading my front left and rights to 803d speakers and the center to an 8 series in two years or so and will move my 703s to surround channels and 705s to rear surround for a 7.1 setup.
I had CM4 and went to VERITY SARASTRO something like 12x the price. Was it worth it?...no!!. The CM4 mid and highs are pretty good needs more bass! Try used Verity Parsifal Encores.
Look at the Linbrooks from TylerAcooustics. And you can have any finish you want including every type of burl nature offers. I just ordered a pair of his Super Towers for a little less than 5K with shipping.
Yes, by mains I did mean my front speakers - guess I should have been more specific. Once I have upgraded my front speakers, I would probably use my CM4s for the rear speakers until I could get something else. I just can't afford to buy new fronts, rears and center, so thought I would optimize my two channel system first because music is really more important to me than home theatre.

I am actually pleased with my current sub and am not considering replacing it at this time - the Onix Rocket is quite musical and works well for me in my somewhat awkward, small room. I should note that my room is not ideal - it is basically what is called a "great room" these days (though small,) as it is an open room comprising both kitchen/eating area/living room with cathedral ceilings and lots of windows.

I am surprised to see folks recommending B&W speakers; for some reason I didn't think they were well respected here! So the B&W 703s have more bass? That would be nice!

Jjwa - I can't imagine finding a pair of used Verity Parsifals in my price range - aren't they something like 14-17K new? I don't imagine used ones would drop to 5K! They definitely look nice, though.

I have read good things about the Tyler speakers, so will definitely put these on my list.

Any comments on the Usher CP-6381 speakers? They have received some rave reviews....

Thank you for your suggestions; hope to hear more!

Holly