B&W Signature 805

I was able to hear the Signature 805 speakers in my system this weekend, a friend brought his over, and I was very impressed with these.

I was curious of other peoples experience with them, but I would like to ask that those that reply be specific in their experience, what amp was used and was it at a dealer or a home. I find that B&W speakers NEED quality amps for their speakers to really shine.
brianmgrarcom

Showing 1 response by prpixel

I've driven my N805Sig's with an Aragon 800BB, NHT A1 monos and a Sherbourn 7/2100 (present). All listening was done in my dedicated room (16x20) which has wall treatment (thanks Rives). Pre was an Anthem AVM20. Source was a Modded Philips 963SA and cables are Cardas Golden Cross. Power cords by Virtual Dynamics. They sit on custom Amboyna Burl stands.

A lot of people fault the N805's and Sig's for being bright. I find them very acurate and revealing. They will highlight any deficients in your system or source material. But, when you get it right they are soooo good. Soundstaging is huge. You really have to take the time and effort to set them up correctly. Most people don't want to do this; they just plop them down on either side of their rack and then bitch about how bad they sound. Also, they need room to breath. They should be out in the room at least 3 feet. They take a long time to burn in; about 300 hours. Good stands are a must.

Good luck,