B&W Nautilus 804's vs Cary 3 Silver Oak Speakers

Hi All,

I presently own B&W Nautilus 804's and use them for Music and HT. I run the 804's with a Proceed Amp 2. The amp is feed by preamp section of an Anthem receiver. What I am possibly looking to do is upgrade to the Cary 3 Silver Oak speakers which my local audio store has used but am concerned that this is actually a downgrade. Can anyone give me some constructive advice. I am also open to other speaker suggestions.

Just to preemptively let everyone know I am on a limited budget and will be trading in my 804's towards the Cary's.

Thanks in Advance

senseim

I auditioned them today in the room at the store they sounded fantastic but the room I was in was rather small. The room they would be in at my house would be a basement that’s at least twice as big as the room today. I will more than likely be taking them home this coming week and listening to them with my gear and try to form an opinion. The other thing is the Cary’s are a 2.5-way where the 804’s are a 3-way and I’m concerned that this difference makes a big diference as to whether the Cary’s are an upgrade or not for me. Also maybe I am looking at this difference in the wrong way because the Cary has less speakers. If anyone cares to elaborate on what I will gain or lose between the speakers maybe that would also help me with my decision.

Thanks for the reply it is very much appreciated.

Your biggest upgrade would be to separate your HT from your music system.

You are right that would be an upgrade but I don't have the luxury of having a HT and a Music system so I have to do my best to accommodate the best of both worlds.

Thanks