B&W N805 vs Revel M20

Hi, I currently have a set of B&W CDM1 NT (with their matching FS-CDM stands) in a relatively small room. Would like to upgrade to either the N805 or the Revel M20 (both with stands). Which one do you recommend? One advantage that I see for the N805 is that they can be biwired/biamped. The M20 have only one set of terminals.

I am driving the speakers with an Arcam A32 100Wpc integrated amp. Thanks.
gustavog

Showing 1 response by warrenh

The biwiring, as you said,is the only advantage you're going to get with the 805s. And it won't matter, soundwise, compared to the Revels anyway. I auditioned them against the M20s. Very quick audition for me. Does it really matter what I (or anyone) hear? Trust your ears. My ears, (I trust them all the time) said "buy the M 20s baby." If you like the 805s better; buy them. DO NOT buy the Revel stands. They suck big time. So do the 805 stands. If you're interested in killer speaker stands, read my review for the Sistrum Mini Monitor Platforms. It's in the archives. Funny, I just wrote it a few days ago. They're really worth the price. Check out their website after you read the review. I use them with my Revels. You'll freak. I can, also turn you on to a good place to purchase those babies (the Revels that is ).