B&W N805 vs Revel M20

Hi, I currently have a set of B&W CDM1 NT (with their matching FS-CDM stands) in a relatively small room. Would like to upgrade to either the N805 or the Revel M20 (both with stands). Which one do you recommend? One advantage that I see for the N805 is that they can be biwired/biamped. The M20 have only one set of terminals.

I am driving the speakers with an Arcam A32 100Wpc integrated amp. Thanks.
gustavog

Showing 1 response by vikkysingh

To me the "advantage" uyou describe the N805 having is really just a feature. Plenty of higher quality speakers have not bought into the concept of a two wirign posts available for biwiring. I have heard the Revel M-20 extensively and the N805 (non-sig) briefly. I saw only broefly becasue I was immediately nto a fan of the sound. Far too forward and hyper detailed. If you are into that then it is the better than the . However for the overall speaker I thought the M20 was in a different league. the N805 is one of my favorite B&W's but I didn't liek what it was doing in the room with Krell electronics (ap ossible culprit unto itself). I woudl go with the M20: more neutral, natural, and accurate, and musical. Also please look at:

Dynaudio 1.3 mk II or 1.3se (speakers i bought btw)
Merlin TSM (similair to the Dyns)
sonus Faber Signum (warmer than above)
Silverline Sr-17 (great price used, a richer Tsm sound, wonderful soundstaging0
Of course try to listen in yoru own home, these are all small speakers and can/shoudl be auditioned in your enviornment
-Vik