B&W Matrix 802 series 2 vs series 3 vs ATC SCM40

Guys please help me decide between these fine speakers. I pretty much narrowed it down to the speakers mentioned above but if you know the one with as much or more authority and slam please let me know.
Thanks!
gorgorsan

Showing 2 responses by thorman

Series 3...Considerably better from what I heard///Had both.....If I remmember correctly the Series 3 had the IPOC system removed and was a cleaner more refined sound..The 3 also had better bass attack...Going from memory here..
I am not totally positive but I think both the Matrix 801 and 802 series 2 both had the IPOC circuitry..From what I can remember the biggest improvement ( in stock form ) in the Series 3 came from the removal of the IPOC circuit..I think they removed the IPOC in the Anniversary Edition which was in between the Series 2 and 3....
B&W also may have made a change in the bass drivers in the Series 3 802.. Check with B&W for the IPOC info to find out for sure.......You may also find out that most Matrix 801 and 802 owners thought the B&W bass alignment filter was garbage..I tried it once and removed it and found they sounded much better without the B&W filter..( my taste anyways ) ....