B&W CDM9NT vs Dynaudio Focus 260II

Currentely I am very happy with the 9NTs, but I can get a good deal on a pair of Dyns Focus 260II. ¿Would I get a significant difference in sound quality by getting the Dyns? I can not demo the Dyns, so my choice will be based merely on Internet reviews of the Dyn, However I would like to hear some commets of Dyns and B&W owners. My musical taste ranges from Rock classic, Reggae, Techno, etc. My other gear is: Shanling SCD-T200, Benchmark DAC1 and Rotel RB-1090 (so power to feed the Dyns is no a problem). Any help out there?
tiofelon
Dyns represent relaxed sound ,free listening fatigue ,more bass weight ,more slam,more punch
I totally agree with Extravaganza. I switched from B&W's to Dynaudios a couple of years ago and haven't looked back!
OK. So far the opinions are for the Dyns. Just what I though! I like the B&Ws, but I think the Dyns will be more musical with more bass slam. Thanks for your comments!
If the Focus 260 is within your reach you may want to consider a demo. I had the original C1's and I thought it would be my last speaker. Well, until I heard the C1 MKII/Signature. With the originals the more you turned them up the better they sounded. The MKII's on the other hand sound fantastic at lower levels. Yeah I popped for the Signatures (love the mocha finish). As I understand the changes in the Confidence MKII and the new Focus are about the same. Upgraded internal wiring and an improved crossover. I've read the new Focus line is extremely close to the Contour line in sound (which does not make current Contour owners very happy).

It would be very interesting to compare the 220 to the 260 side by side at all listening levels.

I know I didn't mentioned it but my vote is for the Dyn's. ;)
I've read the new Focus line is extremely close to the Contour line in sound (which does not make current Contour owners very happy)

I've read the contour line is close to the older confidence line with more punch:) And some are not happy to pay more for little difrence :))
I've read the contour line is close to the older confidence line with more punch:) And some are not happy to pay more for little difrence :))
I agree - if you are looking for a more forward presentation. To me the C1's have a more natural/neutral sound.
Despite that I think in most cases speakers from the same manufacturer share similar sound ,usually called "house sound",because they using the same materials drivers,caps ,wire ,etc....For that reason some people state what we already noticed.Going up in lines, usually quality of sound increases,which means you get better resolution,better definition of soundstage etc..
I own both the Excite X32 and the new Focus 260. The Dynaudio speakers seem to just do everything right. I started with the X32's as they are wonderful for their size, but recently decided to take the plunge with the new 260's. As good as the X32's are, the 260's are a huge step up. I have to admit I haven't heard the 220ll, but my dealer said they are not a great speaker....probably not as good as the X32's even.
I had the Dynaudio Contours with a Mcintosh amp. I loved the midrange, it was to die for. The bass was excellent. I sold that system a few years ago and recently purchased B&W PM1's. What sold me almost instantly was the open and airy sound that B&W did so much better. The sound seemed to surround me. Classical music also is much better, in my opinion.

In my limited experience, I gave up great midrange for an airy open, enveloping sound. The Dyn's were more natural and smoother with most music, but less engaging with rock and classical. With jazz and rap, they had a great presense. The Dyn's seemed more musical, but could not rock like the B&W's can. If I was buying for rock and roll or classical music then I would go with B&W's. If I was buying for jazz, reggae, or vocals, then it's the Dyn's.

Everyones opinion is valid (unless they make a blanket statment that one is just "better") and your opinion is the most important. Others may see things very differently than i do. I think you should have both speakers :^)

Jeff
I am interested in sense63's thoughts on the Focus 260 speakers. I have a large room 22'x18' and don't know if the 260s would sound thin in a larger room. I prefer a smooth treble rather than something too bright.
In a room that size, I would add a subwoofer or look at one of the larger Focus models. I did hear the 260 at a dealer in a smaller room than yours, and was impressed. More even tonal balance than the B&W midpriced speakers that I have heard.