B&W 805s vs PSB Synchrony Two

Hi There !

I presently own a b&w 805s and thinking of new speakers as an upgrade to my present set up. My amp is a Cayin A 70T w Gold Lion kt88 & Mullard pre amp tubes , Gyrodeck TT w Denon 103r and OL1 full mod tonearm with XLO Refererence 2 series for Mains , Interconnect & speaker cables.

I was thinking of PSB Synchrony Two Floor Stander to replace my 805s.

Please comment on this upgrade. Is it really an upgrade ?
Price of d two are the same but 805s is bookshelf & d PSB is Floorstander.
jologs
Mmmm... I would suggest you get a amp that push more current so that you can get more from your 805 speakers.
You should hear how a simple set of B&W DM602 speakers open up with 800 watts per side. It is mind blowing!

I have heard the above "test" with a set of Valve Audio Black Widow Mono amplifiers rated at 800 watts.
I you want to keep your current amp, you would probably happier with the PSBs as they are technically and practically more efficient than the notoriously power hungry 805s, and will go lower.

Or you could do as suggested above and ditch the amp for something that can really drive the 805s. Well driven, the 805's are quite rewarding with better midrange and treble integration and "snap" compared with the PSBs.

Either choice would probably be an upgrade to your current system, but not necessarily because the PSB's are "better" speakers than the 805's.