B&W 702s or Revel F208s

I can have either one for the same price. Which ones should I get? Any alternatives for $5K floorstandes tops? Same sound character.  Thanks
128x128thyname

Showing 9 responses by thyname

Thanks for chiming in, although I have no idea what "blue-blood designer" means.
I have listened to both. Three times each already. Still torn. The f208 did sound slightly better to my ears. Better bass, and better soundstage (Best I had ever heard). The 702s were a bit more refined.

I had listened to Monitor Golds. They were too “polite “ for my tastes 

i loved the Paradigm Persona, But way above my price range.

i like the Focal Electra 1028s too
6” is bigger than 5.5”. No?

Using Oppo UDP-205 as a DAC / transport (also with Roon)
For those who use Revel F208s, for stereo / music only, do you guys use them with subwoofers or just them? Thanks
I just borrowed the F208 from my friend for an in-home audition.

@mmeysarosh would 10” from side walls be OK? I have them over 2 feet from the back walls, so that should be OK.

also, tweeter to tweeter I have them 7.5 feet apart. Is this sufficient? I sit 8’ from the center image 

thanks!
Okay! It seems like I can “fix” everything except a couple of things that I am not sure of, so here we go:

1 - What is the minimum “allowed” distance to the side wall (from the side of speaker panel)?

2 - What is the minimum distance speaker to speaker (from drivers)?

Again, everything else can be changed (distance to back wall, from listening position, and such)

BTW - I am listening to the new Acoustic album of Eva Cassidy, and it sounds amazing! Incredible soundstage, clarity, and air. Very natural!
I have put acoustic panels on side walls, but these are not direct by the side of the speakers, as they were put for first reflection points via the mirror trick. 

The room is a good size, but L shape. On that portion of the L where I have my system, the distance between walls is 11’, which means that I don’t have too much wiggle room from the side walls, otherwise the distance between speakers would be too small (I.e. only about 4’, if I followed the 3’ from side wall rule)

I wish I could post a sketch here, but don’t see how.