Ayon Triton Integrated or Keep my BAT?

Hello All-

Anyone have experience with the Ayon Triton Integrated Amp?

http://www.ayonaudiousa.com/english/triton/f-triton.htm

I'm considering upgrading my BAT VK-300SE and this integrated looks pretty interesting. Not much chatter here on the unit but there were favorable comments coming out of RMAF. My BAT is currently driving Dali MS4s and my souces are a Modwright Transporter and a Basis 2500 Signature TT (Vector3/Shelter 90x/GNSC-EAR 834P). Audience AU24e all around. So what say you A'goners?

Thanks!
cbd0815

Showing 3 responses by audio852

I purchased my Ayon Triton in October 08 and I own the Escalante Design Freemont speakers. WOW! The Triton amplifier is for sure the best amplifier I have ever owned and I have owned some heavy hitters, all tube gear of course. I upgraded from the Spirit model and it is incredible, a beast of a unit, dynamic impressive soundstage that will blow you away. Transparent & three dimensional. You can use the Triton in Triode mode or Pentode mode, Pentode mode with my Freemonts is absoulutely incredible, tight accurate fast bass, fluid mids & the highs are super smooth & sweet. The Triton is worth the money. If you can afford it buy it.
:) J
Hi Cbd0815,
Interesting, my experinece with my Triton is that is delivers bass that is tight & fast, really incredible & the sound spectrum is full & dynamic, super micro yet smooth and airy warm presentation. I connected the Triton to my B&W 800 and Escalante Freemonts and its the best soundstage I have ever experineced. My friend has the top line Pass Labs amp, we did an AB and it smoked the Pass.
Just curious, what source are you using and which speakers do you own?
Hi Cbd0815,
I am running the Ayon CD-3 2 piece tube CD player, I am very satisfied with this source, I also have an Artemis turntable & phonstage. I find myself enjoying the Ayon CD-3 more. My B&W speakers are the 803D, their sensitivity is 90db vs 93db on the Escalante Freemonts. Both speakers sound excellent with the Triton, but the Freemonts have a real pronounced super low end bass, the Triton punches out
10Hz-60kHz and the Freemont handle it better. I think you will find that the Triton is one of a kind, mine gets better weekly.