Axpona

Looking for feedback on the AXPONA event in Chicago in April. I have never attended an event like this.  Is it a worthwhile event if you are looking to make some upgrades to your system?  Are you able to make purchases at the event or do you order and product is shipped to you?  I also noticed that some brands like Wilson, Kharma, Transparent, Shunyata or not on the list and if there is any reason why?  

Any guidance or feedback is appreciated about attending something like this is appreciated.

128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xwoots

I will say the very act of going to CAF last year was fantastic just getting out and being around people. The show was totally sold out and generally got rave reviews. If you can attend Axpona do so you'll likely have a great time.

Post removed 

I've been to Axpona a few times and really enjoyed it. The trick is to make a plan as there are a ton of rooms and people. Go online, determine what rooms are your "must-hear" rooms, and then you can make sure to spend time there.

BTW - I have had luck purchasing demos and b-stock there for sure, just realize they probably won't let you leave with anything before late Sunday if you want to take it with you.

Two years ago was my first Axpona (first audio show ever actually).  Was lucky enough to go early on the first day so it wasn't that crowded.  I had a great time.  Was able to check out so many new products.  Really couldn't believe how many companies are out there that I had never heard of!  

As many have stated, don't go there expecting to hear everything at it's best.  But, I think you can get a good idea of what a speaker might sound like in your room.  I was blown away by the sound in a few rooms though - Vinni Rossi, Maggie LRS, Sanders, DeVore, just to name a few.  Ended up buying the LRS shortly thereafter.  

Totally worth a trip IMO.  Even just to go once.  I am looking forward to going again in April.

@pkatsuleas 

Do dealers go and set up products in showrooms or is it strictly manufacturer's?  For example, would a local Chicago dealer have a room showing Audio Research or Wilson Audio or would it be Wilson Audio showing off the line of products?  Appreciate the feedback.