AXPONA 2024

I just attended Axpona with Infigo Audio.  I just wondered what was everyone’s overall thoughts. What systems , rooms, brand and experiences did you have?  What are your likes, dislikes etc.  

calvinj

Showing 6 responses by botrytis

Treehouse Audio to me sounded like a transistor radio. Not pleasant at all.

I preferred the Martin stand mounts to the floor standers in 1544. 

NONE of the Magico's sounded good at all to me. 

The GTT room was probably one of the best sounding out there.

The Bricasti room always sounds good.

The new Devore speakers? What was he thinking? They sounded tinny and lifeless.

The Audionote room was the best I have heard them at any show.

I was wondering what people thought of the new Morel speakers? I really couldn't tell as they were overdrive the room so much.

I found all the Stenheim speakers Tipped up treble and bloated in the bass. None were impressive at all.

The Gobel/Wadax room is always disappointing as there is so much money there and some of the smaller systems sound way better than this room. People seem to get all goo-goo eyed about the expensive equipment - I went in Friday/Saturday/Sunday to see if the room was busy and it never was.

Vienna Acoustics room sounded really nice. It is great to see them back.

@mikelavigne I have setup rooms in hotels as I belonged to a group of audio people who used to have their own little convention. THAT IS AN EXCUSE. Sorry, if I can setup a decent room at a hotel, then anyone should be able to. After all, that IS what these people do.

Then why were there also amazing sounding rooms with very little treatments? Their room has sounded bad every single AXPONA they have been at. Maybe get a different room? 

Sorry, that is lame excuse and not something I take seriously.

That tells me all I need to know about presenter.

Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result is the definition of insanity.

See, now we have people attacking based on MY opinion. I write down my experiences in rooms, usually small descriptive phrases. In my opinions from the last few AXPONA’s it ended up being similar - recessed, not dynamic, lifeless.

You can take it from there.

@larsman  They were pleasing. The Borrensen C1's were also nice sounding.

@jayctoy I don't know the equipment, but if the room is an issue, maybe try a different room?  I know that it is hard to get rooms. I am just saying other rooms with big speakers sounded good and with the amount of money in equipment in that room, I could buy my house several times over.

@mikelavigne Is a very passive-aggressive person - that is the type of query this was.

I was stating my opinion is all.