Axpona 2022 what impressed you?

I'll start. The Borrensen 01 playing Otis Taylor 'Resurrection blues' was stunning! I also enjoyed the Legacy Aeris on the first floor playing Nils lofgren 'Keith don't go'. In the smaller rooms there was a $4k pair of speakers with what looked like 18" woofers and a horn tweeter that performed well. While the kef ref 3 sounded harsh the ref 5 in a similar small room sounded great just reminding me how much incremental set up affects the demo. I only had a few hours on saturday and missed many rooms due to crowds and would enjoy hearing others impressions from the show.

128x128steve59

Showing 2 responses by mbmi

I had the same opinion when I first saw him on you tube....but after you watch his demos .....he's very sincere and I've grown to enjoy his upfront honesty. Love him or hate him...He is interesting and very dedicated to the helping out of people during their audio journey. He is a Roland dealer and was comparing the $3500 Gan amp to the $18,000 amp and laughing because there wasn't hardly any difference in the sound....I actually licked the cheaper one better. Check out his you tube video comparing the Roland GAN amps....very interesting and informative.....