AVALON Indra ??

knows someone somewhat over the new speaker?
soundoc
But at keast the final Indra will feature the same Accuton tweeter as Opus/Eidolon Vision (instead of the cheaper ceramic tweeter from NP2/Symbol/Ascendant).
I agree with Branimir, I was too in Munich and I think the combination was disappointing. They also kept the volume very low (outrageous) as the were afraid of something.
And Indra-Pass room had room treatment and space around them. I expected much much more.
On the other hand in a smaller room the new Gryphon Atlantis close to the wall performed many times better and with the integrated Diablo not the ~600 powerhouses that Indra had.
I heard the Indra too at Munich. Compared to the Avalon Opus it seemed to be faster and had more volume in the bass. It is priced for 26.000 Euros in good old Germany.
I have heard them for a long period (3 or 4 hours) 2 times.

With VTL 450 and Shindo preamp (vosne romanee)

I compare them immediately after with the avalon Eidolon and Wilson Watt/Puppy 8

The sound was sublime, very fast, perfect tonality, SUPERB IMAGING, this speakers are just great.
They beneficiate from the crossover technology used in the ISIS (i heard them also).

And THAT make a hudge improvement.

It's weird i know but i prefered them to the eidolon diamond (more slow, sounding more boxy, and less invisible) I know the Eidolon are 18 000$ more but i listen to them in the same room (they take each time the previous speaker out of the room) with the same electronics.

I think that these new crossovers are a big step for Avalon.

Comparing to Watt/Puppy 8 : imaging was equal, of course more slam for wilson but i don't like the way the w/Puppy do it (kinda blured in the mid bass) and the indra was a step above the wilson in trems of timbrality.
Good articulation for both.
Question of taste... i prefer the indra.

Comparing to others (not in the same shop) : forget all of them in this price range (parsifal from verity audio, sonus faber even the stradivari, B&W 800D)

I think they have acheived something great with these speakers.
Samuel,

Thanks for the review. Your review is saying a lot. Gotta audition someday.

Joey