AV Receiver w/ amplifier

Hello. Thank you for the add. I only understand the basics of the A/V Receiver world. I have a couple older A/V receivers. The first is Yamaha HTR-5730. The second is an even older Onkyo. I recently upgraded my home theater to a brand new Yamaha. I was wanting to use one of my old receivers (mentioned above) with my old Cerwin Vega V-10F tower speakers. The ohms seem to check out on everything to work together. Problem I am faced with is that these are being used at our farm, in the barn, when we are outside. If I turn the volume up over 50% they will eventually shut the system down. Seeing how these speakers are way more wattage than the receivers, I figured I would just buy an external amplifier to get them the juice they need, I only need a little more volume, really just need them to stop going into protection mode after a long period of play. I also installed a 70 cfm external fan on the amplifier to help disperse heat on summer days. I cannot seem to figure out how to hook one of these receivers to my amplifier. The Onkyo only has a single pre-amp out, while the Onkyo M-282 amplifier has a right and left in. If I use a splitter, am I losing "stereo" and only getting mono? Where is the pre amp outs on the newer/older Yamaha?
spdjnky_42
Lower end HT receivers may not have any pre-outs for connecting an external amplifier. I looked up your Yamaha and I did not see any pre-outs. I'm guessing you Onkyo also does not have pre-outs. If you say your Onkyo only has a single "output", that's probably for the LFE/Subwoofer and not for the L&R front speakers.

Higher end HT receivers will typically have pre-outs for, at least, the L&R front speakers, and possible for L&R front, was well as all surround channels.
Thanks. Is there a setting on the Onkyo AMPLIFIER, to feed it with the speaker wire jacks on the receiver? Or, Is there a cheap processor w/ a FM tuner that I could buy. Im just getting worried the speakers may have an issue. Hate to be in a old farm stereo $500+ :/
Question - does the receiver itself shutdown?  Or does the circuit breaker flip on the main electrical box?
I'm pretty sure you can buy a used HT receiver, or even a decent 2-channel stereo receiver for $100. I know I have an Onkyo TX-SR703 that I would be happy to sell to a local buyer for $100-$125 and it's really a pretty good receiver. You can probably find similar near where you live, or on eBay.