Audioquest vs. Others

I realize that this post will probably open a landslide of responses but my question is focused on the comparison of Audioquest vs other manufacturers. This is not aimed to address power cables or speaker wire but only interconnect cables. Like Audioquest, many brands offer cables in a range of prices....low, medium, high, and super high. My interest is not to compare a lower price/quality cable to one that is far superior but to ask if comparisons have been done within equal price ranges of different brands.

Yes, some systems are capable of distinguishing minute changes in a cable makeup. Some manufacturers even offer a free trial and return policy. I know that. But, in a moderately priced system, are there any opinions that would deter one from using the Audioquest brand vs another brand? Remember....staying in a comparable price range.

jrpnde

Showing 5 responses by amadeus888

Did anyone hear AQ Thunderbird?I am very interested in buying that cable bi wire.I have actually AQ Volcano single wire.One day the dealer in Argentina borrowed the Purist Venusta bi wire luminist y it is far superior than the Volcano.
I almost decided to buying purist Corvus bi wire because the seller told that the Corvus is superior and more neutral than the Venusta.But one day I read the article of the audiobeat that they tested AQ Wildwood ( $18000 ) and AQ William tell ($3000).They said that William tell is far superior and it seems a change of amplifier more than change of cables.I really cant believe it.Is the new line of Audiowuest so good?The problem is that it is impossible to test AQ Thunderbird before buying in Argentina.
Thank you.A salesman of Audioquest answered me that the new line of AQ sounds better that AQ Wildwood of $18000 because of the new tecnology Zero that AQ Wildwood didnt have. That tecnology give the ultra neutral sounds in the tube system or transistor system. I never heard that a cable  of $3000 surpass a cable of 18000.of the same company. It is very hard to believe it
https://youtu.be/PaJhsp_PG90Minute 6:00 AQ Comet and Minute 11:30 AQ Thunderbird.
It is hard to believe that Thunderbird is superior to AQ Wildwood.But between two cables of this video, the diference is really huge
My friend borrowed me an audioquest Blizzard and a Shunyata venom digital for esoteric sacd player k07xs.Audioquest Blizzard is far superior than Shunyata venom digital.It is really fluid, natural and many details.The venom doesnt exist. I compared the venom with the tramsparent mm2x that costed above $2000 in the past. They perform very similar But Aq Blizzard is the another league.
Really the test of audioquest Thunderbird bi wire will be very interesting.
To tecknik.Do you perceive an improvement after 24 hours of use or after 24 hours of installing it?I have Aq volcano but I I dont perceive an improvement after 2 hours of listening.I was using Dbs with the old battery during 10 years.