Audiophile Speakers for Rock, HipHop and Techno

I love many genres of music. Having a hard time finding a speaker that sounds great with hip hop, techno and rock. Suppose I should mention I've auditioned the Dynaudios Hertiage Specials and Sonus Faber Oylmpia Nova 1s. They sound fantastic with classical, acustic guitar, female voices etc... But what audiophile speaker ..especially at the 7-8k price point doesn't. Idk..  Im starting to think I need two sets of speakers. Sonus Faber Olympica Novas sound beautiful...then maybe a pair for other genres of music. Any suggestions for speakers that sound great for hip hop rock and tecno? I'm only able to do bookshelves...and I do have a pair of RELs already.

My pwr amp is a coda no.8 v2 @ 250w

tmac1700

Cerwin’s, especially the older ones are absolutely voiced to rock and hop! 

I hear posters say if a speaker if good then it’s good for all music over and over. IME that’s complete BS. Every damn speaker is voiced to an extent otherwise we would all listen to studio monitors.

For stand mounts, I'd try to find some Klipsch RB75 second hand: an 8inch woofer and a compression driver. I wouldn't go for the lesser models, with a horn loaded tweeter instead of a true compression driver.

My system is huge, fully horn loaded (except the subs), tri-amped, with an average sensitivity of 105dB. Completely DIY. It does double duty for me: during the week, it soothes with Jazz, classical, soul, opera... but the weekends, our DJ friends come over, and we play techno / tech-house / house. For me the ability to do both is mandatory; the hardest part was of course to make it audiophile enough for pleasurable classical reproduction, while at the same time pounding and screeching with the best techno tracks. It's been a challenge, but I think I succeeded. :-)

I must add that even when playing "audiophile approved" music, having lived with ultra high sensitivity speakers for years (and the micro and macro dynamics that go with those), I find a lot (if not most) of audiophile speakers (at least those that are still affordable if you're not crazy rich) to be overly polite, voiced to be "safe", and rather bland and boring. It gets worse when they are brought home and associated with the wrong equipment. I tend to be more easily moved by speakers that are either more "alive" than average (single drivers with very light cones, horns) or more transparent (ESLs, ribbons...). Dynamic relationships between instruments, life, contrasts, that's where music lives for me, not in the flattest / smoothest treble ever measured. YMMV, of course, and we are all sensitive to different things.