Audiocraft AC3300 / 4400 experiences

I just came into possession of the AC-4400 tonearm with the S-shaped MC-400 12" armpipe and associated counter weights for heavy carts of the low output low compliance type, which is my kind of type!
It comes with the light armbase LB-250, which means I will need to get three holes drilled on my Micro AX-6G to be able to install it. This will take me some time, but in anticipation I’d appreciate some feedback from people actually using this arm. It will replace an AC-4000 in my system, which I have come to like very much. But the 4400 is supposed to be much better. Anyone who made that comparison?

edgewear
@chakster Thanks for the link. I remember that one, but it quickly diverted into a discussion about the FR-64fx, which I'm very fond of as well.

I was hoping to get some fresh input on the AC-3300/4400, for instance about the use of the damping fluid (yes or no?) or the differences between the various armpipes that were available and which carts go well with them. I'm definitely going to try and get some of those other armpipes and associated counterweights, which is probably as close to a grail search as I'll ever get in audio.....

Haha, as always. We will see where this topic will go. I wish to get more info about those arms too
@chakster, apparently it went nowhere. In the meantime I have the AC-4400 installed on a Micro AX-6G armbase on RX-1500G turntable, alongside a Reed 3P 12" and a FR-64fx.

It surpasses the AC-4000 it replaced by a considerable margin. It sounds very smooth and transparent with an Audiocraft AC-03 mc cart (the forebear of current MY Sonic Lab models), also designed by Matsudeira San. So on paper this appears to be a natural combination and sonics seem to confirm this. But of course I will try it with other carts and see how the AC-4400 compares with the other tonearms I use.

I haven't tried it with the silicon damping fluid yet. Anyone have experience with the effect of damping on these tonearms?
Dear @edgewear: I owned with ll its options for rm wnds, hedshell, mounting base, counterweigths and the like.

That tonearm was designed to be used with the silicon damping oil and a must to do it. It's not optional.

https://www.vinylengine.com/library/audiocraft-ultracraft/ac-4400.shtml

Read carefully the instruction manual.

Regards and enjoy the MUSIC NOT DISTORTIONS,
R.