Audio Research VT130, VT100 MkII or VTM120?

I do have VT60 and it has not enough power to drive my Usher Dancers 8571 MkII. Preamp is LS-15 with NOS Telefunken E88CC and CD player is Shanling CD-T100. What is you expirience and what would you suggest to use for the amp? Many thanks
128x128ivana21235

Showing 2 responses by minorl

What is the power rating of your VT60? 60 wpc? Does the sound sort of peter out at high dynamic range or volume? Also, Is it a stereo amp? I don't know the impedence characteristics of your speakers. If they are difficult loads then you need a strong amp. But, if the sensitivity of your speakers is over 89db/1W/1meter, then there shouldn't be an issue unless the impedance does bad things.

If the VT 60 just doesn't have it, then any of the above mentioned amps should work just fine.

enjoy
Don't forget to compare the mono amps also. VTM 120's are good amps too. Yes, I am selling mine. However, my point is stereo vs. mono? HMMMM. Unless the amps are fairly new, then the $2,000-$3,000 range should be the right range for most, unless they are stupidly great amps.

VT 100, VTM 120, VT 130, D400 (what about those?. Plenty around.). As I posted before, if you can find a dealer or someone that has them for sale and you can demo the amps in your home, you should do so. I know Stereo Design, in San Diego, CA has a couple of D400's and a VT 100 that they would let you take one home for an audition (with a credit card on hold).

try to listen first.

enjoy.