Audio Research SP3-a1

My SP3, Badly Needs service, sent to ARC for an estimate ( got a nose bleed when I read there estimate ) ! Does anybody know a service company that is good on the older ARC stuff ?                                                                                                                                                                Thanks
huntingsnapcaps
Update on SP3-A1, I decided to let ARC do the repair, It was up there (at least I won"t lose  the shipping) . The pre amp will have a warranty and full documentation . What the Heck ." Life is to short "!
Got another bag of Monkey's, I have  an old D-150 ARC amp., that needs some attention also !

I sent my V70 amp to Audio Research some years ago. The amp was almost 20 years old at the time. They did a superb job on it and the inside looked like new. I think they actually cleaned the circuit board. I would not be surprised if they do the same type of thing to your preamp. They want to clean every thing thoroughly and check every connection so it sounds it's best. Let us know what happens when you get it back.