Audio Research Ref 3 Opinions

Anybody heard the new ARC Ref 3? Comments please !! in comparison to the ARC Ref 2 Mk2
soundoc
Oneobgyn,
Did you try the tube swap before changing the bypass caps? I don't understand why we would have such different results unless Gmorris is correct and you have to do both.
I will have to call Leonard back and see what he says.
No....I took my unit to an authorized ARC repair man here in the Bay Area

ARC shipped both the replacement tube as well as the 4 bypass caps to him. He did the install in less than 1/2 hour. All I did was pay the $60 for the new tube. Both the tube and the caps are rolling line changes and not upgrades to the unit.
Hi all,

Sorry to bring back this old thread, but any one using or updated to the latest production version R3 with the Svetlana 6550C? have you try any NOS 6550 yet?

Regards,
JHC
I have now a Ref 3 that has just passed the 200 hrs break in mark. The unit is the latest version with new bypass caps and 6550C in PS. Stage opening up nicely with a significan amount of detail, authority, musicality, micro and macro dynamics. I estimate another 150 to 200 hrs to complete breakin process. I have no immediate plans to test NOS 6550 tubes at this time.
" I have no immediate plans to test NOS 6550 tubes at this time"

Guido

IMO there is absolutely no reason to do any tube rolling with this preamp