audio research REF 150

Hi

who heard it ?
how does it sounds compared to the REF 110 ?

Thanks
atarifr
has anybody tried the tung-sol kt 120 or 6550 in this power amp I have 1500 hrs may need to change soon
Ollies ... I assume by your reference to "this power amp" that are referring to the Ref 150. If so, I am puzzled by your question because KT-120s come standard with the Ref 150.

Although there may be other companies that manufacture the KT-120 ... the ARC standard issue *IS* Tung Sol, a redo by the Reflektor company in Russia. The 6550 does NOT come standard with the Ref 150.

Perhaps I do not understand your post. If not, please explain.
I bought ref150 2 weeks ago and at 38 tube hours could not be happier. And many people are saying it will get better at 600 hours ! Boy oh boy

The Ref 5 SE preamp and Ref 150 amp were bought at same time replacing McIntosh C48 and MC302. System has now much better definition across all frequencies. I think "High Definition" moniker on the faceplate was actually delivered with flying colors. Very wide soundstage, a lot of 3D, very detailed highs, enjoyable decay on guitar strings and cymbals. Can hear bass drum at the background of group of musicians. Amazing.

MCD500/Mac Mini > Meitner MA-1 > Ref 5 SE > Ref 150 > Sonus Faber Amati Futura. All cabling, power distribution uses Nordost/Valhalla version 1.
01-03-15: Adg243
I bought ref150 2 weeks ago and at 38 tube hours could not be happier. And many people are saying it will get better at 600 hours ! Boy oh boy
Congratulations! I have 330 hours on my Ref250 and it sounds excellent.

What color is the capacitors in your Ref150? In mine, 4 of the 6 small ones are gold and big ones are all white.