Audio Research LS-22 or LS-16 Which is Best

I am wondering if anyone could compare the LS-22 to the LS-16 ???? Which is best ???? Thanks
autospec
I A/B'd my ARC LS 2B Mk II against the LS 16 and the LS 2 smoked it, especially when you consider the price. The 16 sounded dead, gain was real bad. If you notice there are alot of used 16's out there. I listened to the "22' a couple of times and still am amazed with the LS 2B. More money and newer doesnt mean better!
Good Luck!
Rsa: The LS2, LS15, LS16 and LS22 all pretty much equally destroy the 3-dimensionality and portrayal of space in the music. Try the LS5 (in any version) compared to your LS2. This experience would easily redefine "smoked it".
My experience with the LS 16 is very good, that is after I replaced the tubes........ Kinda wish I never got rid of it.... Never heard the 22, so can't comment on it.
I have to agree about the LS-2b, I had one some years ago and it was a great Linestage.......
Does any know witch one of these pre-amps would go best with a c.j. ev 2000. I would appreciate the help. Thanks