Audio Research Financial Troubles

Was wondering if anyone had noticed that there seems to be a lot of ARC for sale on this site (62 right now) and on eBay there is 268 listings for ARC. Is this in response to the rumor of ARC having financial troubles and people are worried they may go under. Does anyone have an update on this or other info or am I being paranoid? And has the demand for ARC equipment gone down due to this? It appears that the ARC stuff is not selling. Your thoughts.Thanks.

128x128skyhawk51

So you'd best choose tube equipment from a company that stands behind their products.  Conrad-Johnson and VAC here in Sarasota come to mind.

I think the arc financial problems have hurt the brand, wrongly so, but in any case most used stuff is from their ‘golden age’, and the quality is and was superb. Lots used because lots sold. Take the opportunity to get a better deal, I have. Just toured their factory—still pursuing the best sound from the pinnacle of design and build quality. Great people who care about their customers, and I wish them the best. William Zane Johnson did get rich, btw.

Most recent post on FB was quite positive and encouraging. The introduction of the 320M seems near completion while acknowledging long development beyond norm. In the wake of reorganization with new owners new equipment goes a long way toward establishing confidence in the company’s momentum going forward. I believe the 320M will be very good for the entire ARC product line sales.