Audio Research D240 mkll vs Adcom GFA-555

Hey Folks, I currently have a modified Adcom GFA-555 but have the opportunity to purchase an Audio Research D240mkll. Will there be a significant increase in sound quality? Speakers are Sonus faber Chameleon B's and source is Tidal through a Project Pre Box S2 Digital (as preamp).
128x128ratboysr

Showing 3 responses by ratboysr

roberjeman, erik_squires, stereo5, teo-audio, and don_c55 thanks for all your feedback. I've been happy with the modded Adcom but you never know what you're missing until you hear it. Didn't know if ARC offered more than the Adcom. Sounds like I'll just keep my money and be happy.
Thank you all for your thoughtful input. Everyone had great points and all were taken into consideration. The conclusion was I decided to take a much larger leap and purchase a Pass Labs XA-30.5 from someone here on AG (much to Erik_Squires chagrin I think). But I've enjoyed the modded Adcom and have been wanting to hear Nelson Pass's recent work and this was an opportunity to make that move. It's probably the only Pass amp I could ever afford but the reviews have been nothing but stellar. So thank you all again.