Audio Research Convert...

I never thought I would do this but I've recently sold my Ayre V3 for an Audio Research 100.2, I have two words to say about it. Dynamic and Smooth! The 100.2 has all the qualitys of the Ayre, but even better resolution on the top and the bottom, and so smooth. There is just such a sence of ease with this amp. I believe part of this is that it is also a better match for my Audible Illusions M3A. This amp is a real sleeper and it really takes charge of my Maggies. If anyone else out there has this amp I would love to here the contents of your systems.
gmele

Showing 1 response by rslifka007

Hehe..... I have a ARC 100.2 amp. I couldn't find any reports about this amp but bought it anyway and boy am I glad! It is an EXCELLENT sounding product. Used together with Audible Illusions L-1 pre amp & Totem Model 1 signature speakers. And yes, a small thump is normal about 10 seconds after amp start-up. Turns out that to avoid the "thump" would have undesirable sonic effects on the amp's output. Am pleased to now read such nice comments about the 100.2 amplifier.