Audio Research 230/240 volts

I'm looking to buy a European SP16 Pre, on the back of the pre it has 230v stamped on it, I live in the UK where we use 240v. I have been told that the 230v models use the same transformers as for the 240v.
Does anyone know whether this is correct.
I know that the unit will work but I juat want to make sure the the performance will not be affected.
Am I okay to get the 230v model or best to get the 240v model?
Any prompt response would be greatly appreciated
kingmonkey88
As I write this, my PS Premier is telling me incoming voltage is in the range of 239-241V whereas it is supposed to be 230V here in Germany. It has been showing that every day for 11 months it has been in my system. So it would seem, before I had the Premier, I've been exposing gear to higher voltage for years without knowing it. This has neither affected functionality nor the life cycle of any component. Sonically, with the Premier in the system the performance is cleaner, but I'm convinced that would have been the case at 230V incoming voltage as well. However, especially tube gear did run noticeably hotter previously when plugged directly into the wall socket.
All in all I think you can safely go ahead.
I've recently imported two pieces of ARC equipment from the US (an amp and a preamp) and have had them converted from 120 volts to 230 volts (according to the specs on the transformer)and am running them at 240 volts without any issues. BTW, both of the units use universal transformers so that voltage conversion was simply a very straightforward matter of reconfiguring the wiring on the transformer in each case. I had it done by an audio technician for vey little cost. I suspect all ARC equipment uses universal transformers, so don't believe it if you are told that voltage conversion of ARC equipmnet is going to be an expensive exercise.
This is not exactly true. At least not in all cases. A friend of mine attempted to convert his Ref 2 mk 2 preamp, and it turned out that althought 2 of the transformers were universal, the third wasn't. He had to order a new one.
Roberts1897,

So what models are yours that being converted successfully?
Will all later models than yours be what Elberoth2 said, not universal in one of them...