Audio Research 150.2 Tri-Path amp opinions?

Anyone out there with thoughts on Audio Research's 150.2 Tri-Path amplifier? Strengths or weaknesses?

Thanks,

Tim
beatlebum

Showing 1 response by northernfox

I acquired a new ARC 150.2 amp about three months ago, together with an ARC LS-25 MK II preamp, and I have been very pleased with the results. The combination provides a detailed clean sound, with good soundstage and presence. I listen primarily to a wide range of classical music and have found that individual acoustic instruments and voices are particularly clear and compelling, without edge. While I generally do not play the music at really loud levels, when I do push it up a bit, the amp handles big orchestral pieces or pipe-organs going full blast with ease; it seems to have a lot of power for its rating, which I suspect is conservative. I am driving 8-ohm KEF 105/2 speakers, with a sensitivity of 86dB spl.

Best of all, from my point of view, the digital switching technology delivers these benefits in a reasonably sized package that produces very little heat, and at a relatively modest price.

So far, I am really impressed.

I hope this information is helpful to you.