Audio Note Japan vs Audio Note UK--Comments?

Would very much appreciate hearing from anyone in the know.
swanlake
Just another tit-bit as I understand it: Audio Note originally started in Japan by Kondo-san but today, legally, Audio Note is the British company. The original Japanese company is not allowed to use "Audio Note" & has changed names to Kondo.

AFAIK, the model names & numbers are totally different. In all probability you have not heard of the AN Japan products as the ones usually referred to are the UK company's products - esp. the AN DACs & their SET tube amps.

The co. Kondo hand makes all its products & they are made in very small numbers, very expensive & set to much higher performance standards of music reproduction. I think that one of their flagship amps costs $60,000! You might have seen some of their MC step-ups xformers on A'gon, which usually sell for $3000. The AN UK equivalent sell for $500 (& maybe upto a $1000).

Not much info, I know but I hope it adds to your awareness of Kondo-san's company.
AN Japan is the original and has the main designer. AN UK is a broken branch off of AN Japan. AN Japan is far more limited production using far more exclusive parts. AN UK tries to clone AN Japan's designs, but uses different, lower cost parts. Different parts = different sounds. Lots of bad feelings between the two.
Vinylphile's response is ill informed and is referring to a situation that is at least 7 years old, today there is little difference in quality between the parts used by us and Mr. Kondo.

The main designer here is Andy Grove and has been since 1994, his competence speaks for itself.

We do not need to "clone" any of Mr. Kondo's designs everything we do is completely original from the ground up, as evidenced by our DACs, pre-amplifiers and turntables amongst others.
Peter Qvortrup
Vinylphile's response is ill informed and is referring to a situation that is at least 7 years old, today there is little difference in quality between the parts used by us and Mr. Kondo.

The main designer here is Andy Grove and has been since 1994, his competence speaks for itself.

We do not need to "clone" any of Mr. Kondo's designs everything we do is completely original from the ground up, as evidenced by our DACs, pre-amplifiers and turntables amongst others.
Peter Qvortrup