Audio Horizons TP 2.0 Preamplifier

Anyone famaliar with the manufacturer,and in particular
this pre amp.The credentials and testimonials seem
impressive.The advertised 10 day audition is appealing.
markwatkiss

Great info on what Victor is working on. By the way, if anyone is interested in The Transparency power cord with Oyaide connectors, I have one available.
Pursuant to Cedars comments I find that I am devoting more time and interest in PC's and interconnects.I had occasion to meet Steve Huang,a cable maker,what else would you call him,artisan cable maker? sensei?Anyway to my point.I spent several hours listening to a mano to mano tutorial on energy transfer and application in audio systems.I should add that Steve is a Metallurgist and a Chemical Engineer.From Cedars comments re Joseph's interest in cabling I sense both are on the same wavelength.For those who are interested,and I have no affiliation with Steve's products,his website is www.audiosensibility.com.I have acquired both a premium PC and balanced interconnects with more than favourable results.Now if I could just find a way to get Joseph and Steve together.
In response to the question put by Gamecock and Sherod, let me assure everyone that I am well and still working with Joseph. I have been distracted with some other matters, but am now working on the literature describing Joseph's new 2010 products--a new preamp, a new DAC, a new phono stage, new cables, and soon, one or more SET amps. Ads with more detail should be breaking within 3-6 weeks.
Thanks for your continuing interest in Audio Horizons. Joseph and I both appreciate it.
Victor
Victor
Glad to hear you are still on the AH team because it is such a pleasure to communicate with you
Joe
I have a brief report for you regarding development of the Audio Horizons power cord and the preamplifier.

In my 1/21 post I described the results of power cord testing that involved two different connector types (Wattgate and Furutech) and two different lengths of power cord (1m and 2m). Based on those comparisons, I preferred the Furutech connector and the 2m cable length.

Later Joseph returned with another 1m version of the power cord. I gathered he believed that cable capacitance had adversely affected the 1m performance in the first test. For this second test he had adjusted the 1m cable capacitance. The result was a performance that I could not distinguish from the 2m cable of the first test. Subsequently, I purchased three 1m power cords (with Furutech connectors) to power my DAC, preamp, and power amp). The most pronounced effect in my system has been to sharpen the focus of individual instruments (their discrete location) on the sound stage.

Joseph returned with a modified preamplifier, too. I believe I listened to what will be produced as the TP 2.2. I did not get to listen to the preamplifier for very long. I believe that Joseph came to listen for some particular effect in my system.

Although I cannot yet articulate the effect I heard, I can tell you what my reaction to it was. I lowered the volume setting of my system. I did so without thinking about it - it just seemed at the moment to be the right thing to do. I could hear a musically satisfying performance with all attributes (detail, large soundstage, etc) at a lower volume level.

After a brief listening session, Joseph asked for my reaction. I told him what I have just told you. He was not surprised, he said, because he had done the same thing with his own system.

My interpretation is that the change in the preamplifier allowed my system to work more effectively. Some masking noise or signal imbalance had been eliminated and, consequently, the system delivered a satisfying result with less effort.