Audio Envy O’nestian 3:4 vs DH Labs Revelation Interconnects

I've been using DH Labs Revelation XLR Interconnects in my main system for a few years now and have been very happy with them.  The system is comprised of a PS Audio Directstream DAC, PS Audio BHK preamp, PS Audio BHK250 amp & Magnepan 1.7i speakers.  I didn't want to spend $550 on a .5 meter pair of Revelations for my second system, so after reading many positive review s here,I purchased a set of 2ft' O'nestians, which is their minimum length.  The second system consists of an RME ADI-2 DAC/preamp, PS Audio Stellar S300 amp & KEF LS50 speakers.

I've have about 200 hours burn in time so far on the O'nestians, although word has it that it takes 400 hours for them to open up completely.  After comparing them with the Revelations, I'm stunned how close they sound, especially for costing $176.00 shipped.  The Revelations have just a hair more space around the instruments and just slightly more definition & quicker transients. All in all though, they're very close.  I'm anxious to hear what the differences might be once I hit 400 hours burn in time.  

Captain, the owner of Audio Envy, answers the phone and is a great guy to deal with.  He spoke to me at length, answering all of my questions on multiple calls before I pulled the trigger.  I highly recommend these cables to anyone looking for high end sound at a reasonable price.  They're very well made and fairly flexible, too. 
stevehardy1

Showing 1 response by tds3371

My experience mirrors your own.  Audio Envy has become my personal go-to for high quality, reasonably priced audio cabling:  Like you, I have a pair of the O’nestian 3:4 (balanced) - as well as a pair of the Studio Prestige (RCA) interconnects and a 15 ft. ToneKraft headphone cable.  All are excellent performers.  Ocean-Elite power cords are next on my wish list.  No affiliation - just a satisfied customer.