Audio Electronic Supply AES/Cary AE3 MkII preamp

Does anyone use this preamp? I heard it may not be all that good.
I have had the Super Amp MkII for quite a while and it is very very good. I feed it with the variable output of a Benchmark DAC or the variable out from the Oppo into it with superb results.
I am looking to add a preamp because Iwould like more inputs. The matching AE3 MkII preamp is at the top of my list.
128x128mjcmt
The MkII may work better w/ your amps. The Super Amp MkII has full output w/ 1 volt input w/ 100k impedence and the AE3 MkII is a perfect match for it. The down side of the DJH is its 20 db gain which will clip many amps at the 9-10 o'clock position on the volume control.
Yes, one wonders why preamps don't as a matter of course have mutiple gain settings, or at least one or two outputs with low gain for digital sources.
does this have 2 pre outs?? that would be cool, it also would be cool if i could find a pic of the rear of the unit, i have looked everywhere and it is quite vexing.
thanks

i may get a djh instead but i think that has only one output and i really probably need 2 out put, from what ive read the djh does some things better namely punch? and that is a justification for choosing just the single preoutput of the djh over the double preferable ouput of the aes ae3 mkII

anyone directly a/b these unit yet

thanks
DJH only have one pre out but there is room to add another if you are handy.
Adding oil caps and Cary feet to the MkII might yield a better preamp, as it has better transformers.
For what it's worth, Gerald Walsh told me the DJH has 14 dB gain. I wanted to clarify that since folks in this thread think it has 20.

On Mar 8, 2010, at 5:52 AM, Gerald Walsh wrote:

AE3 DJH
Gain - - 13 to 14 dB Gain
Input impedance - - 100 Kohms
Signal to noise -88dB
Output impedance - - 400 ohms