Attention to detail

I'm looking at speakers in the 1000 dollar range. I want large amounts of detail. Currently I am auditioning the B&W DM 603 S3. What else should I listen to? Anyone have experience with the 603 S3? Amplification will be an Audio Refinement Complete integrated. Thanks.
s7horton

Showing 1 response by hifiguy9107

Yep. If you really get into this, you'll find yourself likely going through quite a few different speakers ultimately! There are so many different tastes, room set ups, personal music preferences, listening habits, and so on, that it's no wonder EVERYBODY ends up with different gear! In all my years around hi-end audio, I've never met two people that share the same systems! I'm sure they exist, but the norm is definitely PERSONAL CHOICE AND DIVERSITY!
My suggestion would be to try what you have already PLANTED in your mind(or you'll always wonder), and then try something else!! You'll never ever know until you walk down the "trial and error" path! Also, play around with speaker placement and differnt seating locations in your room, and learn about acoustics. This will pay HUGE dividends in the end. Otherwise, when you try gear, you wont' know what you got or what's possible with any given gear if you can't set it up right for best sound! This is critical. How big is the room by the way? This makes a SELECTION QUALIFICATION difference.
I could make a TON of suggestions of other chioces depending, but it's way confusing, and you just gotta try some stuff! otherwise, who's word, taste, or recommendations, are you going to chose? We all have our own favorites and personal tastes.
Good luck....try the little B&W DM601's or 602's for the money used, then you'll know what that sound is like. You can always upgrade later.