Attention Thiel CS3.7 owners

I am searching for the right amp for these speakers and was hoping to hear from as many 3.7 owners as possible regarding what amp you are using, why you like it and which ones you have not liked. Thanks in advance for your help with my quest..

V.
vhiner
As a long-time Thiel owner, I have found that the Thiels sound really sweet with high quality tube amps, particularly if you listen to a lot of classical music (which I do). I have auditioned, but do not currently own, the CS3.7 with both solid state and tube amps, and the tubes produce the more natural sound IMHO. Solid state electronics produce a more "etched" sound with almost holographic imaging, which can be impressive, but live music does not sound like that in my experience.

VTL and ARC are good choices but others may work well, too. I don't care for E.A.R, which I find to be very dark sounding. Just be sure the amp is good at driving low impedances because the Thiels are not particularly easy loads to drive.
07-07-13: Vhiner

"They don't produce bass below 35hz as the 3.6's do, but what they do with upper register sound is simply sublime."

That is the main reason I have not committed, I listen to a lot of classic rock and blues in a large room and the bass performance worries me a little. The 3.7's with a sub would probably be awesome, but now your are in the 20k range and the choice in speakers begins to get really interesting.
Thiels are bright? Maybe 10-15yrs ago with the older models. I’ve not heard the new CS1.7, but anything since CS2.4 are not bright, I’d call them natural sounding. Maybe they heard them with some bright sounding sources. Anyway, I’ve upgraded from a pr of CS2.4s to CS3.7s recently, driving them with a Krell int. amp KAV-400xi and I can listen to them all day long without ear fatigue. I thought the CS2.4s sounded good, but the CS3.7s are so much better, I don’t think I can go back to a pr of CS2.4s anymore.
Thanks Richardyc. I agree that the 3.7's are far from bright. They're simply
the most truthful speakers I've ever heard. Ever so occasionally, the truth
can hurt.;-)

I've wondered how the Krell 402 might sound. Would be able to describe
the Krell's character a bit as you hear it?
Jake3tg,

I wish I could afford to own and operate something like the ARC 250's, but alas, they are beyond my reach. Ditto the big VTL's. Bob Carver's Black Beauties might make it down to my neighborhood one day.