ATI 1505 Multichannel or Adcom GFA 7700

Hey I am starting to move into tha multichannel amp upgrade and wanting to buy a good used amp. Can anyone please tell me what they think would be a better M/C amp they are listed for about the same price. ATI 1505 150 watt 5 channel or Adcom GFA 7700. Thanks, Brad.
bradley_
I have ATI2505 with Paradigm Studio 40v.2 and they sound great. I have this two when they were first released around 2000 and still have them. Got the itch to go tubes and getting a ST-120 with KT-120 from Bob Latino to try with the Paradigm. My 2505 will drive almost anything, when i was auditioning them it was running then top of the line Paradigm Studio 100 and a Reference model i dont remember. Anyway the sound was great, very neutral. Before i compared them to some Quicksilver tube amp the dealer had and the ATI stood well, not as musical but like 80% there. Back then i was younger and movies with big explosions got the most of me. I say if you like movies and music equal then the ATI might suite you good. But if you prefer music more, Parasound is a good choice along with a good condition Proceed multiamp.
Hey thanks for the info guys. This place is the best for finding, selling and talking to knowledeable people. I was talking to the guy with the Adcom (which is nice) he said his speakers run at 4-6 Ohms and works great. Mine are 8 Ohms. I know wattage and power is not the same with all amps even though they claim certain specs. If I cpold afford it I was looking at the Outlaw 7500 balanced 5 channel 200 watt p/c $ 1599. Or the 7700 balanced 7 channel for $2149. I think I will do like Russel and later get a 2 channel for my front RBH towers. I just hope the ATI 1505 will push my Paradigm monitor 60's surrounds, I'm pretty sure it will. I just want to make they best educated decision and I appreciate all of your replies, Thanks, Nrad.
I've run the ati for about 12 years or so and just upgraded my pre from sherwood newcasle 9080 to marantz 8004. Never felt urge to change power amps. I run Mac mc352 and 2 cary v12r's for 2 channel, so i've got stuff to compare to, and it sounds very good I believe.
If you can afford it, Butler Audio TDB-5150 is about the nicest, sweetest-sounding multi-channel amp on the market. Used one here on Audiogon for $1900...

-RW-