ATC SCM vs Dynaudio Excite

I am planning on purchasing some new speakers for my analog set up. I currently have a VPI Scout with Dynavector DVX10 cart, Jolida JD9 preamp, Vincent Audio SV-236 MK integrated amp. I am looking at the ATC SCM7's or 11's and the Dynaudio Excite X12's or 16's.

I know that ATC is releasing their new line of SCM's soon with a house made tweeter. Do you think that would be worth the wait, or should I try to buy a current pair on sale from a dealer trying to make room for the new models?

What are your thoughts on the Dynaudios? They are harder for me to demo. There is an ATC dealer fairly close to me, but not a Dynaudio dealer. Thanks.
seangj
Yes, I would call the atcs analytical. Cold and neutral. I could hear more deeply into the recording though. I kept the dyns 10 times longer than the atcs. If I had to pick one or the other to take to a desert island, no contest, dyn wins. But I do agree that the atc crushes the dyn when it comes to detail and transparency.
Jaxwired, the speaker you kept 10 times longer says it all and is no surprise either.
Charles,
Found a Dynaudio dealer in CO. Don't know why it was so hard to find. I will be auditioning both on Thursday. Excited to listen to the differences.
>>"The ATC crushes the Dynaudio if you care what is on the recording."<<

There are far too many times that I don't!

-Bob