Article: "Spin Me Round: Why Vinyl is Better Than Digital"

Article: "Spin Me Round: Why Vinyl is Better Than Digital"

I am sharing this for those with an interest. I no longer have vinyl, but I find the issues involved in the debates to be interesting. This piece raises interesting issues and relates them to philosophy, which I know is not everyone's bag. So, you've been warned. I think the philosophical ideas here are pretty well explained -- this is not a journal article. I'm not advocating these ideas, and am not staked in the issues -- so I won't be debating things here. But it's fodder for anyone with an interest, I think. So, discuss away!

https://aestheticsforbirds.com/2019/11/25/spin-me-round-why-vinyl-is-better-than-digital/amp/?fbclid...
128x128hilde45
bluemoodriver40 posts01-22-2021 1:22pmSo, you can make a digital recording of what comes out of the phono stage, and then play that recording through the same system.  If the ear can’t tell the difference then it would seem that the digital format can accurately capture and reproduce the sounds produced upstream of the phono out.
Is that true?

If that is true, then the digital capture can be compared to the digital master used to make the vinyl in the first place. Now you can make a filter to put in downstream of your digital source.
Someone must have tried this already?  With any success?

It is true.

There are a bunch of functions that would need to be incorporate including mixing channels to increase crosstalk, adding noise that has to also include the compression/decompression from RIA, etc.  Lots of people have played with this,

If you want the full analog chain equivalent there are plug-ins that simulate specific tape machines.
Post removed 
My response to digital lovers is if you walk out on your front porch on a Sunday morning and you hear the birds chirping the wind blowing through the trees with the leaves rustling that sound that you're hearing is analog your ears are analog they're not digital
My response to you would be not to post such silly things. DACs output analog signals, not bits and bytes
Correct audio2design. Bad analogy dutchydog. Call a fax machine. Listen and you will hear the sound of computers talking. That is what digital sounds like.