Art Audio Vinyl Reference vs Maxxed Out K&K

I am considering moving from a Moon LP 5.3 with outboard power supply to either a the Art Audio Vinyl Reference (used about $2,700) or the Maxxed Out K&K phono pre with all upgrades constructed by Kevin Carter (new about $2,600). I would appreciate comments from anyone who has heard one or more of these phono pre amps. I am currently using ortfon jubilee cartridge. Thanks in advance
sgunther

Showing 2 responses by taylor514

That's good news Kevin, nice to hear it from the source ... funny how rumours get started. I guess now I can "chill" ... LOL

Your latest upgrade I bought from you took a bit to break in but it just got better and better with usage.

Happy New Year to all ...
I own one of Kevin's upgraded Maxxed out phonostages and it would be a pity to see him discontinue it. I would think that his existing product support is from a money concious group that want big performance from little exspense, not big performance from big exspense. I'm sure he would have a handful of dedicated followers but my guess is that would be the exception and not the rule. Hopefully he would still support his existing product which has garnered a healthy following. Don't get me wrong, I am a big fan of Kevin's existing products, but the buck would stop there for me unfortunately.