Aric Audio Systems Unlimited Preamp

They have a tube model called Unlimited that appears to be a decent value for < $800. It is tube rectified and with pair of tube voltage regulators and 12AX7 driver tubes. It even has a phono stage. Anyone is familiar with this preamp?
128x128kalali

Showing 5 responses by mac48025

Thought I'd contribute my experiences with Aric Audio.

I had Aric build me his Transcend KT 120 amp with Pure Copper caps and it was fantastic sounding. What an amazing value at only $2600 as it sounded better in my system than amps costing twice as much. 

I was was so happy with the amp I decided to go all out and have Aric build me a no holds barred 300B SET amp. As good as the Transcend amp is his 300B took my system to a whole new level. Powerful, dynamic, gorgeous midrange, amazing tone with a large, 3-D soundstage. Music just oozes with realism through this amp. Aric hit a home run here!
After having spent the last couple of months with Aric's linestage and 300B SET I couldn't be happier. My system sounds better than I ever thought possible. Tone, speed, dynamics, imaging, soundstaging......it's all there in spades. Superlatives don't do Aric's products and customer service justice. As content as I am with my system working with Aric is such a pleasure I find myself wishing I had another build for him. Maybe some speakers next!
Based on the pics of the Motherlode I've seen its a beauty. I don't know enough about the workings of all those impressive looking capacitors and such inside of the units to really appreciate what Aric has created here, but if it sounds better than the linestage he built for me ( and I'm sure it does ) this will be one sweet preamp. Can't wait to hear laaudionut's impressions of it. 
As an extremely happy owner of Aric's KT120, 300B SET and 6SN7 Linestage I just have to chime in here. Aric is such a pleasure to deal with and his products and service are superb. I've had the pleasure of having many great components in my system over the years but haven't enjoyed music more than I am now. I'd encourage anyone looking for great sounding, well designed and built components at very reasonable prices to give Aric a shout. You won't go wrong, but beware......you may be swept up in Aric's unbridled enthusiasm and passion in providing the best sounding components for your music needs. 
Yes......the 300B SET monoblocks with two external PSU’s are the finest amps I’ve had the pleasure of owning. And they aren’t even fully burned in yet! I’ve enjoyed the previous three amps Aric has built me but these are in another league. Thanks Aric.