Are You a Swifty?

I am. I think she's great.

And You?

128x128jjbeason14

"Lana Del Rey probably takes it as a compliment."

Absolutely. Adele has mentioned Lana as a great influence and she certainly took that as a compliment as well.

"Lana Del Rey probably takes it as a compliment."

Absolutely. Adele has mentioned Lana as a great influence and she certainly took that as a compliment as well.

Well, I do not see why that should be "pathetic."

Ok Swifty.

Not really.  I think I've only listened to a couple of her songs.  One was a quite long one, a ballad of sorts that she performed on SNL, and the other one I remember hearing on a public radio station I used to listen to when I was driving, I kind of liked it, but all I remember of it was it was about a park in Jersey, or something like that?  As I typed, that one is at least a few years old.

All I was getting at is:  is everyone (and there are a bunch) who is compared to someone else (such as Bob Dylan, as an an example) pathetic?

Only to much well wrapped mass consumers musical product are uninteresting for me ... I will not use the word "pathetic" ... She is talented anyway ...

But many popular singers male or female had a touch of genius. The list is too long to be written here...

But many others at least half are mass products for consumption ..  Do you remember the "twist" era ?

More to discover