Are You A Disciplined Audiophile?

The issue of whether break-in is real aside for now, when you make a change in your system, such as a new component or cable, do you have the discipline to wait before making any other changes?  I usually mark my calendar for a month and perhaps 2 months and try to change nothing else for that period of time so I can better assess exactly what the new thing is doing. But sometimes it’s difficult to wait. IMO, break in is a real thing, both in the component and the listener, but even if you don’t believe components and cables change after a few days, can you wait at least a month to listen to enough music to adjust your ears to what the new thing brings to the system on its own?  

chayro
Post removed 
Post removed 

I do only because I am lazy! I enjoy letting it play out. If it is better, it will play out in time. Of course, I am not paying thousands for accessories so that makes a difference. 

Post removed 

I live in a "twilight zone of zero self control" (from a Walter Becker song). Also, if something sounds un-musical or in some way not right, I'm not about to waste much time on break-in...it's gonna be gone.