Are Ohm Walsh Speakers the Poor Man's MBLs?

Are the Ohm Walsh speakers and the MBl speakers using essentially the same technology? Has anyone had experience with how the two compare to one another. Clearly there is a major price difference, but do the Ohm's give ~99% of the experience?

Just curious.
mailman199

Showing 4 responses by mailman199

It seems that a lot of Omnis do no limit the tweeter (Deuvel and Morrison come to mind) . Does limiting the tweeter from being full omni help the coherence but hurt the imaging? Does it also make it easier to place by letting it be closer to the rear wall?
So the tweeter being limited has only the benefit of increasing placement options. Does it in any way degrade the sound? Is there a price to be paid in sound quality for the ease of placement?
Does anyone here know if the Ohm MicroWalsh Talls are bi-wireable. I'm going to get some new speaker cable and need to know if I should have it terminated bi-wire or not.
I am curious about the Morrison's as well. I noticed too that the Morrison's are short. Is there no need for Omni's of this sort to be the height one would put a monitor speaker? The Micorwalsh is also short. Maybe Ohm made the Microwalsh Tall to get just a bit more bass and sell to a buyer expecting a speaker of that size and height.