Are Magnepan MG-IIIa speakers problematic?

I have read on different postings how magnepans are difficult to setup, difficult to maintain, and basically are like a high-maintenance girlfriend or wife. I have the opportunity to purchase a pair of MG-IIIA speakers. I would love some feedback...Thanks...Also, can you still get support for them through Magnepan?
surferm10
It is an absolute must for every audiophile to experience living with a pair of Maggies.
I've owned two pair of Maggies. Neither was hard to set up for me. On down the road you may want to checkout the MUG on Audioasylum as Tireguy has pointed out. A crossover upgrade will push these speakers to another level.This is when you find out the technology hasn't changed much in these speakers over the last 20 yrs or so.The Maggies do some things that only a planar speaker can do plain and simple.Mine are 15 yrs old ..I had a friend over the other day. He listened to them for the first time and agreed they sound and look like they were built last week.Accept they have resolution and a separation of instruments that far exceeds the stock models. I am still trying to talk Tireguy into lending me his modified 3.6Rs permanently and while your at it throw in those JC-1s as well. LOL
Oh well I guess I can dream!!! Tireguy when did you say you were going on vacation again?

Good Luck!
Well, I bought the Maggies!!!!!!!!!! $482 bucks on ebay today!!! They look good. I live locally so pickup shouldn't be a problem. Now I have a totally restored/refurbished Mcintosh MC2300 Amp and a pair of Maggies. I can't wait to pick them up!!! I am totally broke. I am scraping together a system on money I don't really have!!! FUN!!!! Anyway, I can't wait to set it up. Now I need to get a Preamp. Does anyone know of a good preamp that will go with my amp. I want an all Mac system eventually. I guess I want Mac gear because of the nostalgia and resale value. I'm not rich yet (just turned 28)but give me a few years. Anyway, any and all help would be appreciated.
Thanks for all your responses!!!
Your never to young to get started with this fun hobby, I'm only 22 and have been at it for years! Congratulations on your entry to hi-fi :o)
Tireguy you are just 22?!?!?!? I thought you were much older. Please take it as a compliment! :)