Are in-wall speakers worth considering?

We're adding a family room to our house. It would probably be the best room in the house acoustically, but there will be too much going on in there to set up normal speakers properly. Are any in-wall speakers capable of providing decent sound?

The room dimensions will be about 14'W x 17'D x 9' H. The listening couch would be on the long wall, and the speakers would be mounted on the opposite wall (that is, firing across the shorter length of the room) and would have to be almost 10' apart due to placement of doors and windows. The floor will be carpeted. I'm sure I could squeeze a subwoofer into the room.

Thanks for any suggestions!
dbz
Please don't do it. I liken it to going from a sports car to a mini-van. I had a buddy who was a audiophile who did this--his wife was thrilled, but to me it sounded like bose music. My comments are totally unfair as i have not heard the above systems that have been recommended, but the few inwall installations i heard were not even close to a dedicated 2 channel system. Be careful not to spiral into a midlife crisis!
do you know any musicians that play inside walls?

music is valid on any level.....so if the lifestyle issues are sufficiently important then in-wall is just fine. but there will be significant limitations to what the system can do.

i have a full house B&O system with wall-mounted speakers......they are just fine for what they do......but they cannot replace any of my other systems for sound quality and are primarily for background (semi-elevator type) music.

in many Home Theatres in-walls can work well for surrounds......but anywhere you want vocals or instruments to sound real...in-walls are not the best choice.
You might want to check these out. They are not "in wall" speakers as much as they are "on wall" speakers. I know Klaus wouldn't sell them if they didn't sound good.
Scroll down to the bottom of this link.
http://www.shows.soundstagelive.com/shows/avtour2005/mtl_dly_apr03.shtml
You can't beat in-walls for the WAF - you can even paint the grilles her favorite color, and then re-paint them when she changes her mind and gets in the mood to redecorate.
Even three Niles across the front will sound good, and of course they will never replace a high quality 2 channel system but they some of the best inwalls I have heard and still image better than most stereo demos in shops I have visited. For surround the center channel and the sub are the most important speakers

I also have a 2 channel in a seperate room dedicated room my master bedroom. Inwalls avoid the major battle and you can use the I'll do inwalls if I can have a 103" screen instead of a TV in armoir with 2channel speakers sitting two close to the wall. choice is yours