ARC VSi60 vs Ayon Spirit II/III

My experiment is over, and I officially miss the valve (no offense to friends of Solid State. Most of the rest of my world is SS).

Currently have a Krell S-300i, and am looking to move into a Tube Integrated. Used to have a McCormack DNA-50 & ARC SP9 MKII, then decided to save space, and moved to an SS integrated. Space saving remains in play. No capital outlay until January, but am doing the research now, and am soliciting opinions here, at the "Oracle".

And so the quandary: ARC VSi60 vs Ayon Spirit II/III.
A show of hands...please.
Here's my rig:
http://cgim.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/vs_user.pl?vopin&1262375142

As always, any and all opinions/suggestions/rants are appreciated.

neutron
As always, it comes down to personal preferences and mine don't favour ARC. Nothing wrong with the company, I don't like ARC gear I have heard. I have auditioned the Ayon Spirit 2 and Orion and loved both of them and would happily have bought them.
It's just that I am cheap and go for second hand gear. You don't seem to see much second hand Ayon, which tells it's own story. I bought a Pathos Inpol2 instead, equally good in fact and an amp I would recommend to anyone.
Neutron,
I`ll admit I`m much more familliar with Audio Research gear than Ayon(formerly owned an AR preamp and have heard many AR setups over the years). Given the Ayon`s design and circuit I`d pay close attention to Reynold`s impressions. I would bet that purely on sonic performance the Ayon is superior. Class A/no NF/ and triode operation when done right is very hard to beat. There sould be a more alive,dynamic sound with a more organic tone and harmonic richness along with improved texture.I hope you have the chance to hear it in your system.
Hi Folks,

Unfortunately, I haven't yet had the opportunity to spend time with the Ayon. I have enjoyed the ARC equipment I've had in the past (and the audition time experienced with the VSi60), but just on gut feel alone, I know the Ayon is the right path for me.

I've been paying close attention to all commentary, and very much appreciate everyone's input. That's what I love about this community, the passion and interest people take in helping other's find that right path, with all its infinite variety. And yes, I'm paying particularly close attention to Reynolds perspective, especially since Reynolds seems to be the de facto Ayon subject matter expert.

Unfortunately, there's a very small window of opportunity to purchase a Spirit (any iteration) through Audiogon. It's not for lack of advertisement. There's virtually no useful information in the "Bluebook", which says a few things to me. The distribution network/available used inventory is limited, the product is that good, or most likely, a combination of the two. And, sadly enough for me (boo hoo), the capital outlay is a factor. But hey, where's there's a will, there's a wAy(on)...sorry, couldn't resist.

Thanks all!
Neutron,
You`re realistic and logical,this will serve you well. Patience is a virtrue and you`ll definitely get what you want. I`ve yet to be disappointed in audio when I follow my gut instincts.
I've always like the ARC house sound. What I really don't like though is that afaik ARC still does not fuse the output tubes. So when, and it is a when not an if, a tube blows on the ARC amps the tube will usually take out the biasing resistors. So unless one is a really handy diy'er this will involve either shipping the amp back to ARC (at the users expense) or finding a local repair shop to replace the resistors... Now the VSi60 may be different, but I don't think so. Ayon does fuse the tubes and avoids this problem.