AR Ref 600s Best for Genesis2?

I'm looking for the best tube amp for my Genesis2. Now using four monoblocks of VK 60s. The power now are just adequate but lacking the headroom needed for big orchestra.
How do you think about the Audio Research Ref 600 driving the Gen2? Will I sacrifice anything from the VK 60s?
Suchart
suchtan

Showing 1 response by jimj8aab

Jtinn.. You must have ears of "tin".. The ARC Ref 600's are without a doubt some of the best amps available on the market. They are the antithesis of how you describe them.
Don't listen to this bozo. Arnie Nudell of Genesis Technologies uses the Ref 600's to voice and critically evaluate every 200, 201 and 350 loudspeaker system that he manufactures (They also use NBS Monitor 0 speaker and interconnect cables). Since the designer of the speakers
could use ANY amplifier he choses, I wonder why he chose the ARC gear? Because tonal accuracy and correct timral information is presented by the Reference 600's. They have an ease and grace with large scale orchestral swings, and they never sound strained. Dump the BAT gear and audition some ARC Ref gear with the Genesis 2's.. they are made for each other.