Anyone using the Transistor Research LabsM 225's

On the grapevine I have heard that these amps are good enough to be the end of the line. Given their reasonable cost - that would be great news. Any comments?
128x128gammajo

Showing 7 responses by rx8man

Joe, maybe they are that good, they seem fairly affordable.

I've heard and read claims to fame with lots of estoteric equipment that grace the front pages of every audio rag known to man, now you can't even get into posting threads here without getting a frickin hammer over your head.

I'm curious about the amps too, so maybe for all-purpose sakes we can arrange an audition and skip this place for answers ?

$$$$$ = protection and advertising rights.
I'm glad this thread picked up and doesn't turn into a circus act.

I'd like trying a pair soon after my new job picks up (last week sucked with the pre-holiday lay-off bonus)

Nice hearing from everyone, it's a moral boost.
And now for the weather, cloudy, snow squalls and bone-ass cold for the next 3 months.

If all goes well here, the M-225's will go up against my own (NuForce 9 V-2 SE) and two friends amps, (ARC REF 300 MK.II) and (Spectron Musician III SE MK.II Monos)
(did I get all the MK's and points correct ?)

Anyway, this will be done, regardless what ANY audio forum thread postings say, do or feel is possible, it's for my own satisfaction (or yours) and to share with the community, if thou cares to listen.

So, lets move along and have a "Happy Hobby Holiday"
Bill, I can't wait for your full-blown review, congratulations Dude
(you and your preamp also) !
I'm the guilty culprit for suggesting to Agear about combining Intuitive Designs Gammas with TRL Samsons, this combo has to be more than outstanding, me thinks Interlochen has a superb sounding rig that's off the map !